It’s the season to be jolly, but Christmas time seems to attract accidents and drama just as much as light attracts moths, so be clever and make sure that your home and its contents are covered by home insurance this Christmas.
Ok, you have electric candles on your tree and might not have to fear a house fire, but what about the following incidents that can be covered by a reliable insurance company?
1. Theft: Houses full of presents are a prime target for thieves around Christmas time. Jewellery and expensive gadgets easily add up to a couple of thousand pounds, so make sure that gifts are protected by your insurer.
2. Food: If you are anything like me, your fridge and freezer will be filled to the brim with food and drinks for family and friends. But what, if you have a power cut or your freezer blows up? The right insurance might be able to help you replace your lost goods.
3. Lighting: Make sure that your fairy lights aren’t faulty, broken or damaged. They could cause a house fire just as much as a candle could. Check them before each use or by new ones, if in doubt. Also, make sure not to leave candles unattended.
4. Cold weather: Seeing as the festive period falls into the winter months, cold weather could throw a spanner into the works and spoil quality time with family friends. Get cover for burst pipes or emergency call outs of broken boilers and appliances.
5. Clumsy friends and family: I don’t have to tell you about those that always manage to spill red wine on a cream carpet or throw the Wii controller into your new plasma TV, do I? Accidents happen, especially when a lot of people are in a small space and alcohol is involved. Get cover – NOW!
I do, of course, hope that your Christmas will be accident-free, but I do think it’s best to be prepared and know about the small and big accidents that can affect you in your home. For cover, check out Insure Me On Line.
Disclosure: This post was written in association with Insure Me On Line.