With Christmas only a little more than a week away, I thought I would share with you a really simple way of giving your chocolate cookies a festive makeover. These Christmas Pudding Cookies are quick and easy to make and I just love how adorable they look. If you want to make them yourself, here’s the recipe:
For your Christmas Pudding Cookies you need:
For the cookies:
130 grams dark chocolate
150 grams self-raising flour
30 grams cocoa powder (sieved)
pinch of salt
125 grams soft butter
50 grams soft light brown sugar
50 grams white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
300 grams dark chocolate chips
For the decorations:
some white roll out icing
some holly sprinkles or
red and green roll out icing
How to make your Chocolate Pudding Cookies
1. While preheating your oven to 170°C/gas mark 3, melt the 130g dark chocolate in the microwave or in a bain marie.
2. Put flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into one bowl and cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
3. Whisk in the vanilla extract and cold egg, then add the dry ingredients. Finally, stir in you chocolate chips.
4. Place 6 blops of your mix on a lined baking tray and flatten with a palette knife or your hands.
5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, then leave to cool on the try for about 5 minutes before transfering your cookies to a wire rack.
1. Make sure that your cookies are totally cooled down before decorating, then dust your working surface with some icing sugar and roll out your white icing.
2.Use a round cookie cutter to cut out a circle and use a flower cutter to create the runny edges of the icing. Alternatively, you could cut them with a small knife. Carefully press the icing onto your cookie and smooth out the edges.
3. To add the festive flair, place a big holly sparkle on the white icing or add a couple of smaller holly sparkles, if you can’t get hold of the bigger ones. Alternatively, shape your own holly by cutting the shapes out of red and green icing and add it to your cookie.