I don’t know why, but when I spotted a pack of puff pastry on the reduced shelf this morning, I chucked it into my trolley and made my way to the checkout. When I arrived at home, I had no clue what to do with it. A savoury tart, freeze it or maybe a sweet little afternoon treat for Amy and me? In the end, my sweet tooth won and I decided to make some Nutella Swirls for us. They are really quick and easy to make and perfect, if you have unexpected guests or just a craving for something sweet.
pack of ready made puff pastry or 1 sheet of rolled puff pastry
5 tbsp Nutella
optional: chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7 or 425F.
2. Dust your work surface with some flour and roll out your puff pastry. Gently spread some Nutella all over the pastry sheet and sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts over the chocolate (hazelnuts are optional).
3. Roll the pastry sheet into a sausage shape and trim the edges off. Cut into 12 slices.
4. Push a slice each into the hole of a muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.
5. Take your Nutella Swirls out of the muffin tray and leave to cool a little before serving.
6. Enjoy while they’re still a little warm or dust with icing sugar once they’ve cooled down.
Yum! Yum! Yum! (serious quote!)