Article
70 comments

Win an animal morphsuit for children – World Book Day

children's animal morph suit competition for world book day

World Book Day is a celebration of authors, illustrators, books and most importantly, a way of encouraging children to enjoy reading more, and it’s here in less than a week!

World Book Day and fancy dress go hand in hand – what better way for children to become more engaged with the stories they’re reading, than for them to dress up as their favourite characters from their favourite books and bring them to life.

Morphsuits’ range of official Animal Planet costumes, including tigers, zebras, cobras, gorillas, grizzly bears, jaguars, bats and leopards is perfect for this and we’ve teamed up to give you a chance of winning one just in time for World Book Day! You can take a look at the full range here on the Morphsuits website.

If you want to be in with a chance of winning a children’s animal morphsuit of your choice in time for World Book Day on Friday, all you have to do is fill in the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Posted by

Freelance writer and translator that blogs about her adventure as a first time mummy and has a passion for pretty stationery, magazines and interior design.

70 Comments

1. Tough question. I’d probably say Alice in Wonderland as it’s a classic

2. Gosh just one, tricky. Erm I think it would be the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. They love the fantasy of it all.

3. Probably Gullivers Travels. I read it as a child .It allows children to use their imagination.

4. Far too many to choose from, but my favourite book is Christmas at Blackberry Farm, for a bit of very sweet nostalgia!

5. Anything by Roald Dahl. They might not be educational but they are funny, imaginitive and kids love them. With a bit of luck that would be enough to spark a childs interest in reading.

6. The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss as all kids I know have enjoyed reading the books and also when I was younger remember reading them as entertaining

7. Roald Dahl’s Danny, Champion of the World, because I remember being mesmorised by it as a kid!

8. So tough….would go for the gruffalo…the mighty mouse reigns over the big creatures!

9. The tiger who came to tea.It has been a favourite of both my kids and it never gets old!!

10. The dictionary because you can make up stories based on new words learned

11. If schools could only read one book with children, which book should they read and why?
    Depends on the age of the children. Younger children might enjoy The Emperor’s New Clothes as it’s a funny story but teaches them about vanity, not taking things as they appear

12. Difficult question indeed! For younger children I would say Guess How Much I Love You just because it’s such a beautiful book. For older children, Harry Potter without a doubt! It has everything – fantasy, comedy, thrills and spills, and is dark without being too scary!

13. For older children (approx 8 or 9 upwards), “I am David” by Anne Holm sticks in my mind still, brilliant and thought provoking.

14. handa’s surprise – a great introduction into other ethnic countries and a very heartfelt and warming story

15. That’s a hard one! Something like Roald Dahl’s Matilda to emphasise how important reading is & to show them they can achieve anything even if they don’t have the greatest family.

16. if it was youngPrimary school children i would probably say ‘The lion, the witch and the wardrobe’ as its such an amazing book which would appeal to a wide variety of audiences.

For secndary school children I would say ‘The diary of Anne Frank’ which I think is a very powerful and thought provoking book.

17. Depends on the age of the children but for Y6 Kensuke’s Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo has been known to reduce some of my class to tears over the years. It is always tricky to get the balance right between reading and talking about the many issues raised by this brilliant book :)

18. It’s got to be Roald Dahl, Danny the Champion of the World was always my favourite as a child!

19. i would say Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, so that there can use there imagations

20. The Gruffalo, all time favorite with my own children and all of the children I have looked after over the past 13 years :-)

21. The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit. The storyline has it, history, family life and values, spy intrigue and a happy ending.

22. The lion,The witch and the wardrobe because children love fantasy and the book is timeless.

23. Charlie and the chocolate factory as it has all the key components for a good book – humour,imagination,family values, a good plot and good beating bad.

24. Ronald Dahl- Fantastic Mr. Fox- classic, loved by all children and adults

25. Oooh toughie!! Erm…..Charlie & the chocolate factory…It’s a classic xx

26. Flour babies by Anne Fine, it sticks in my mind from when I was a child so must have been good and had an impact :)

27. Thats very hard. Just one book. I think I’d chose my favourite which is my ‘complete works of lewis Carrol book. Is that allowed if I have to narrow it down Ill say Alice in Wonderland.

• I forgot to say why! Because its a timeless tale and full of nonense and crazy imagination. Children love it as much as i do.

28. My teenage daughter says the boy in the striped pyjamas, so it must have really affected her – I haven’t read it or seen the film, but I’ll go with her suggestion :)

29. Anything by Roald Dahl; they are so wonderfully written and fantastic for the imagination.

30. the wizard of oz as it has great messages and promotes imagination :)

31. the jungle book , because not only is there meaning in the story but also a fun aspect of animals :)

32. I am thinking the gruffalo for younger children and the lion, the witch and the wardrobe for older ones as they have so much in them!

33. Harry Potter , my sister was really resistant to reading until we introduced her to Harry Potter

34. Enchanted Wood- Enid Blyton.
    Suitable for a wide range of ages, hugely imaginative easy to understand but still introduces some sophisticated language they can pick up. :)

35. It would have to be the twits by Roald Dahl. Would love to see a graphic novel version