The summer holidays are just around the corner and let’s face it, if you don’t want your kids bouncing of the ceiling, you need to find ways to get them active and allow them to get rid off excess energy. Luckily, kids don’t need a gym to tire themselves out, so there are lots of ways of getting them active through play. If you need some inspiration, why not try one of the following ideas
- Build a den
- Climb a tree (with help and under supervision)
- Play catch or hide and seek
- Wheel around on a scooter, bike or skateboard
- Play garden games, e.g. boules, croquet etc
- Play hopscotch
- Go to the beach, jump through the waves, build a sand castle or explore rock pools
- Fly a kite
- Roll down hills
- Turn the music on and have a mini disco in the garden
Alternatively, check out this fab infographic that the people from HFE (Health & Fitness Education) have brought out to inform you about ways to get active outdoors.
What’s your favourite way to exercise and what are your tips to getting your children active?
This is a promotional post