I love one pot dishes. They’re super easy to make and they save me heaps of time that I’d usually spend washing up. One of my favourite one pot dishes is the tasty chorizo rice pot that I’m going to share with you today. It’s the perfect summer/early autumn dish because it uses all those delicious holiday ingredients. If you want to recreate this flavoursome chorizo rice pot, simply follow the recipe below.
Chorizo rice pot – serves 4
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper
200g long-grain rice
200ml chicken stock
500ml chopped tomatoes or passata
150g frozen peas
herbs and spices of your choice
1. Peel and chop your onion and garlic. Fry in olive oil until gold brown on a high heat.
2. Chop your read pepper and add it, as well as the rice, to the frying pan. Fry for about 3 minutes on a medium heat and don’t forget to stir to avoid the rice sticking to your pan and burning.
3. Add your chicken stock and passata/chopped tomatoes to your frying pan. Bring to the boil, then cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Cut your chorizo into fine slices and add to the frying pan. Let it simmer for another five minutes.
5. Finally, add yoor peas for a further five minutes and season with herbs and spices of your choice (we like Italian herbs, salt and pepper). Serve up and enjoy your quick and delicious chorizo rice pot.
Depending on your taste, you can also add some fried chicken or prawns to the dish to give it a little more depth. We can really recommend adding the chicken, but we also absolutely love this dish in its original form.
What’s your favourite one pot or holiday dish to make for your family?
For more of our favourite meals, check out all our recipes.