With Christmas just around the corner, strutting your stuff at the beach might be the last thing on your mind but forget all about food babies and pale legs and have a look at some great bikinis for your up-coming winter break.
Simply Beach makes finding the perfect bikini incredibly easy as they don’t only offer a range of carefully chosen colours and designs but also pieces to suit every body shape. What I find particularly useful is that most bikinis are sold separately. I mean, let’s be honest, how often have you found yourself in a changing room with the perfect top but bottoms that are either way too snug or big? I know I’d have to get a calculator out to add up the times I’ve left a store feeling deflated because I couldn’t find anything that had a nice fit and look and wasn’t ridiculously over-priced.
Simply Beach is an online retailer specialised in swimwear for all budgets and tastes, which means that you’re sure to find something to suit your needs. No matter, if you’re after tri bikinis for a petite body frame or high-waisted bottoms to give your curves all the support they need – there will be something you’ll want to wear on your next holiday in the sun.
Mix and match designs from designers such as Banana Moon, Stella McCartney or Pour Moi and create your very own holiday look. If you’re not feeling that creative or simply don’t have the time to figure out if certain pieces go together, don’t fear. Of course, you can buy sets that are matching perfectly already. Great, if you’re off on a last minute trip to catch some winter sun!
Want to make sure that your bikinis stay in shape and don’t lose their colour? Simply follow these tips:
- Before you wear your bikini for the first time, soak it in cold water with a dash of vinegar. This helps seal the colours and prevents fading.
- Wash your swimsuit or bikini after every use by soaking it in cold water and some detergent for delicates or clothes with a high spandex content.
- Don’t ever wring your bikini to get rid of excess water. It damages the fibres and makes your bikini lose shape in no time. Instead, roll it in a dry towel and gently press out any water before leaving it to dry on a flat surface.
- Have a favourite swimsuit? Don’t wear it in the pool or hot tub. Chlorine is an absolute killer and causes fading, whereas the heat of a hot tub damages the spandex in your swimwear and makes it lose shape – that’s also the reason why you should never let your bikini dry in a tumble dryer!
- Sunscreen is a must whenever you’re sunbathing but it can also cause ugly stains on your favourite swimwear. If you’re noticing yellow stains on your bikini or swimsuit, dissolve half a cup of baking soda in about 4l of water and let your swimwear soak for 1-2h. Rinse and your bikini looks as good as new!
What do you look out for when you’re buying bikinis for a beach holiday? Have you got any top tips?