Three-quarters of homeowners who have sold and moved house say that moving home is by far, one of the most stressful experiences they have ever had.
Moving home is an intense period of activity, right from the moment the ‘For Sale’ sign goes up. But it doesn’t need to be.
Moving home the stress-free way
The all-in-one Home Owners Checklist
The team at Rattan Direct have created a brilliant, easy-to-read and use guide to moving home.
It contains everything you need to know how to make the process of packing up and leaving your home less stressful. Covering four broad categories, the Home Owners Checklist examines;
- Getting ready to move, including de-cluttering and how to make packing easier
- Leaving your home and the emotions tied up in the four walls and what you can do to make saying goodbye easier
- Completing the move and on-the-day ideas for a smoother running move
- How you could save money too by moving on a different day
- Who to inform, from utility companies to your broadband provider
- And what you need to do when you get the keys for your new home and what you must check!
It also contains hints and ideas about how to reduce the financial impact of moving which, if using a removal company, can be very expensive.
For example, moving on a Friday may cost you more than moving mid-week. Or a bank holiday weekend, although it makes perfect sense in terms of a three-day weekend to sort out your new home, may be one of the most expensive times to move out!
The secret to a stress-free moving day is…
… being organised and ready in time for the big day according to the team at Rattan Direct. Get organised and stay organised for a stress-free moving day!
What are your tips for making moving home as stress-free as possible?