I have two left hands when it comes to crafts, so I’ve asked Craft Queen Maggy Woodley of Red Ted Art fame to come to my rescue and share ten amazing Valentine’s Day crafts with you. They’re not only super cute but also great activities to make with your kids on these grey and miserable January days. But enough from me, you’re all here for the expert, right?
Cute Valentine’s Day crafts with Red Ted Art
Are you looking forward to Valentine’s day? We surely do! All the warm fuzzy feelings that come from friends to family members to loved ones are making us happy! We have quite a large selection of Valentine’s crafts for kids since we try to make something new each year. Here you can find few of our favourites and we hope you will enjoy making them with kids.
Valentine’s Day craft ideas
- It’s such a joy to look at certain type of crafts as time goes. Footprint crafts are one type of those memory evoking crafts where you keep going back in your thoughts to recall the time when your child was your little boy or girl. We love making such crafts, like these salt dough Valentine’s day footprint hearts.
- Mobiles are fun, you have to agree! We simply adore this happy little heart felt mobile! Just imagine it hanging in your room! Pretty, right?
- For avid readers in your life, or kids who share the same class, make some of these adorable love bug corner bookmarks! Too cute! Makes reading all the more fun!
- Lacing is one of the skills kids need in everyday life, from shoe lacing to sewing. Grab couple paper plates and invite kids to make paper plate heart sewing craft as they practice their fine motor skills.
- Have you tried finger knitting before? It’s not as hard as it looks! Try it this Valentine’s day and make few finger knitting hearts with kids. Use them to decorate your home or classroom, if you decide to make it into a class project.
- It’s cold in January and February and most of the time, we just want to stay inside and keep warm. But, encourage you to go outside on a walk and pick few branches with your kids. You will need them to make this stunning Valentine’s day decoration – twig heart canvas!
- Ahhh! Love is in the air! And, this is the theme of our next Valentine’s day craft! Pick a template on our blog and make your own love air plane! Perfect for little boys!
- Create a place in your home to leave daily love notes to your family members! This super simple to make heart bulletin board will soon become favourite spot for all people who matter in your life! Choose a size and colour combination and get on with crafting!
- Slimes are fun any time of the year! For Valentine’s day, make sparkly red slime and let kids enjoy playing with it. Everything is more fun with glitter and sparkly!
- Do you want to make super personalised Valentine’s day cards with your kids? These 3D Valentine’s day cards also hold a little treat. Quite clever and cute! We are sure that each of your children’s friends will be happy to receive them.
We have hearts, love bugs, slimes and even love air planes here! You have to agree, there is something for everyone in your life! Let these super cute Valentine’s crafts initiate your next crafting session with your kids and enjoy spending time with them and creating some new memories. After all, they grow up way too fast! And, if you want some more inspiration for crafts, you can always take a look at paper crafts we shared on our blog.
Massive thanks to Maggy for sharing these fun ideas with us. Before you all get creative yourself, though, let me know which of these you like the best. I’m a little bit in love with the mobile. It’s just adorable and it would look super cute in Amy’s bedroom.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?