We are a nation of shopaholics: As soon as the season changes, we are on the high street shopping ‘til we drop. We are hunting for new trends, bargains and often come home with items that we will never wear.
The new Comfort Bright’s campaign is all about getting women to think more about what they buy and to help help them spend less on clothes and think about quality rather than quantity, they have teamed up with celebrity stylist Mark Heyes, who has come up with five fabulous tips to help make your wardrobe transcend the seasons.
Mark says: ‘People should be making smarter decisions about their clothes. Our unpredictable UK weather means that seasonal fashion is becoming obsolete, so we need to be thinking more carefully about investment pieces that can see us throughout the different seasons.”
‘Between-season dressing is all about knowing what to wear and when, learning to layer and good little styling tricks. Designers are now pretty clever in the way they create trends that work across different seasons, which means you can buy something in December that you can work a look with in July.’
Comfort Brights – a fabric conditioner specifically designed to help keep your colours and whites brighter and more vibrant – is on a mission to get the nation thinking ‘trans-season’ when it comes to their fashion behaviour and here are their top 5 tips for your trans-seasonal wardrobe:
1. Minimalist approach. Between-season dressing can be tricky; it’s hard to commit to new season trends when there’s a (small) chance of sunshine. Take a minimalist approach by choosing light, key pieces in beautiful colours and natural fabrics. And go pared-back with styling – just perfect for layering.
2. Breathe new life. Get creative and rework your existing clothes and accessories. Think about making a sleeveless top or cutting off those old jeans to make some cute summer shorts.
3. Be a savvy shopper. Visualise what you already have in your wardrobe and work out what you’ll wear your clothes with and when. For example, a crisp white shirt is a brilliant staple that can be worn in a hundred different ways through summer as well as winter. We’re also very lucky this year as florals will be super fashionable throughout summer, autumn and into the winter!
4. Care for you clothes as you would your skin or hair. Clothes are made to last, and they absolutely can through every season. But to do this they really need looking after. Give them a bit of TLC by using Comfort Brights fabric conditioner – it will help keep your bold colours bright and your whites super white; that way they’ll stay looking newer and fresher for longer.
5. Layer up. The art of layering is easy when you know what fabrics to aim for. Lace is the real hero for in between season dressing; it can be sweet and romantic, or sexy and dramatic for a different looks for all seasons.
If you want to win a £50 Next voucher or one of the runner up prizes, fill in the Rafflecopter below. Please do make sure to follow the instructions as incomplete and faulty entries won’t be counted and entered into the prize draw.