I’ve become a little obsessed with risotto recently and as I was asked, why I didn’t share the recipe for my chicken and mushroom risotto last time, I thought I’d tell you how to make this tasty mushroom risotto with sausages and peas instead. It does sound like a strange mix and it probably isn’t the prettiest meal to look at, but the flavours compliment each other really nicely and both Amy and Ben went on to have seconds.
So how do you make this mushroom risotto with sausages and peas, I hear you ask? Here you go:
Mushroom Risotto with sausages and peas
– serves 4 very hungry people
2.5 pints chicken stock
100g butter, unsalted
1 big onion
1 pack of pork sausages, roughly chopped without skin
250g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
250g risotto rice, e.g. Arborio or similar
120g frozen peas
some grated parmesan
1. Bring stock to simmer in a saucepan.
2. In a separate large saucepan, melt your butter over a medium heat before adding the onion and cooking it for five minutes or until translucent.
3. Add sausages and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid lumps.
4. Add mushrooms to the saucepan and cook until soft. Stir in the rice and cook until it has absorbed all liquid.
5. Now the work begins: Add 200ml of stock at a time and make sure to constantly stir your mix. Only add more stock once all liquid has been absorbed. Stir in peas and season. Continue to add liquid and stir until your rice is creamy, approximately after 22 minutes.
6. Serve with some grated parmesan.
Enjoy and do experiment with flavours to see what you and your family enjoy best! Some white wine also adds to the flavour of your mushroom risotto, but this step is optional as the wine tastes just as good accompanying your meal.
I’ll be linking this recipe up with Recipe of the Week, Tasty Tuesday, All Things Pretty and the Parenting Pin It Party. Make sure to check those out for more tasty recipes and DIY posts.