It’s so hot at the moment that I really don’t fancy slaving in the kitchen for hours, so the other day I decided to make us a really quick but tasty dinner: a puff pastry pizza with spinach, asparagus and lots of yummy toppings. It took 30 minutes to make (including prep-work) and was a big hit with Amy, who had three slices of it. If you want to recreate it, here’s our recipe:
Puff Pastry Pizza with Spinach and Asparagus
1 Jus-Rol Light Puff Pastry Sheet (320g)
125g soft cheese
1 tbsp red pesto
200g fresh spinach
100g tenderstem broccoli
150g cherry tomatoes
100g mozzarella pearls
50g grated cheddar
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degree Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and roll out your puff pastry sheet.
2. Mix the soft cheese and red pesto and thinly spread on the puff pastry sheet leaving a 2cm edge on all sides.
3. While blanching your spinach and boiling broccoli and asparagus, slice your cherry tomatoes in halves and spread on your pastry sheet.
4. Drain spinach and try to squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible, then train broccoli and asparagus.
5. Spread spinach, broccoli and asparagus on your puff pastry sheet, add mozzarella and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
6. Season with salt, butter and garlic powder and brush the edges with butter.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve on its own or with salad.
Voila, our Puff Pastry Pizza with Spinach. I hope you enjoy this recipe. We really liked it and are looking forward and can’t wait to experiment with toppings.
What would you top your Puff Pastry Pizza with?
Disclosure: I received some vouchers from Jus-Rol to get some of their products for recipes.