I love Brussel sprouts and as winter is literally cabbage season in our house, I thought we’d ditch the heavy meat-based meals for once and try something a little different – a hearty and warming Brussel Sprouts Bake. Still with some meat but not full of it and super yummy. Well, if you love Brussel sprouts as much as I do that is. It’s super easy to make and the perfect winter warmer.
What you need to feed 4:
500g Brussel sprouts
350g smoked gammon
1 tbsp oil
50g soft butter
250ml vegetable stock
handful of breadcrumbs
How to make your Brussel Sprouts Bake
1. Peel and dice your potatoes in 3 cm chunks, boil for about 20 minutes.
2. Wash and prepare your brussel sprouts, boil in salty water for 15 minutes.
3. Wash your smoked gammon, pad dry and cut in 3 cm chunks.
4. Hear oil in a frying pan and fry off your gammon.
5. In a sauce pan, melt your butter and add flour, milk and stock while stirring.
6. Roughly chop up your cheese and add half of it to your sauce. Season to taste.
7. Drain your potatoes and Brussel sprouds, fill into an oven-proof dish and pour your sauce over it.
8. Sprinkle the rest of your cheese and your breadcrumbs on top and bake in a pre-heated oven for 12 minutes. (Gas mark 3, fan-assisted oven on 175°C)
Are you a fan of brussel sprouts?
I’m linking this post up with Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays and Recipe of the Week.