Nowadays, it is hard to imagine an apartment or a house without carpets. They give warmth and cosiness to each room. However, they are also subject to constant exposure. Therefore, one of the most important tasks of any housewife is maintaining the cleanliness of carpet products in her home. Constantly buying household chemicals is very expensive. Carpet cleaning can be done effectively with vinegar and soda.
How to Get Rid of Complex Dirt on the Carpet Quickly?
The main mistake of most people is the use of expensive household cleaning products. If you know how to perform effective carpet cleaning at home with soda and vinegar, then this will not take much effort, time and money. This is done in the following way:
- Prepare a cleaning agent from baking soda, vinegar and any dishwashing detergent with a thick consistency. The main thing is to observe a ratio of 1: 2: 1, respectively. Mix the dishwashing detergent with soda in a separate dish. Then add 2 litres of warm water and mix thoroughly. After that, pour the vinegar into your mixture. Acid and alkali are present here. They begin to interact with each other, which leads to a chemical reaction. The mixture begins to foam very much. You can use it to clean the carpet only after the foam subsides.
- Pour the solution into the spray bottle. Use it to apply the product to the area of contamination.
- Wait a few minutes until the home remedy begins to interact with stains.
- Wipe the former contaminated area with clean water.
- Enjoy a perfectly clean carpet.
Advantages of Eco-Friendly Carpet Cleaning with Soda and Vinegar
The main advantage of vinegar and soda is their availability. Also, the advantages of the products include:
- Do not harm natural and synthetic carpets. The exception is only products made from natural silk;
- Possess antiseptic properties. Both components are able to conduct an effective fight against harmful microorganisms that are in the pile of the carpet;
- Baking soda does not have a specific smell. It well eliminates harsh and unpleasant aromas that remain on the surface of the palace due to pollution;
- Able to cope with complex and old spots for a short period of time;
- Each of the components is inexpensive.
Disadvantages of Carpet Cleaning with Soda and Vinegar
Before you clean the carpet with soda and vinegar, you must also familiarize yourself with their weaknesses. Among them:
- vinegar has a strong and pungent aroma. Therefore, after cleaning the carpet with soda and vinegar, it will have to be well ventilated;
- if there are a large number of spots on the carpet, then the procedure will have to be repeated several times.
Before you clean the carpet with soda and vinegar, be sure to study all the pros and cons of home recipes. In some cases, you can return to its original appearance only after professional carpet cleaning.
Before starting to use the described carpet cleaning method, you should thoroughly vacuum the carpet. This will help remove fine debris from the surface and gently collect the remnants of cleaning products. Regular vacuuming is essential for good carpet care. However, you should not vacuum the carpet every day, because you can damage the carpet’s fibres. Two or three times a week is enough.
No matter how dedicated you are to taking care of your carpet, you should also use professional cleaning services at least once a year. That way, you can be sure your carpet is free of bacteria and allergens and will serve you for many years!
What are your top carpet cleaning tips? Do you get your carpets cleaned professionally?
This is a cooperative post