London is the perfect place for a fun weekend with the family or a child-free weekend for loved up couples. There’s plenty to see and explore from museums and galeries to parks and historic sights plus there are some of the country’s best restaurants and bars inviting guests of the capital to wine and dine after a busy day in the hustle and bustle of London.
1. Have a lie-in! You don’t know when you’ll get another chance of sleeping as long as you want.
2. Order room service and have breakfast in bed – don’t worry about the crumbs, someone will have hoovered them up by the time you’re back from your day in the city.
3. Soak up London’s history. Stroll down the Mall and see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace before walking through Hyde Park and down to the river, past the Parliament and Big Ben.
4. Jump onto a river taxi and see the city float past you. Get off at St Katherine’s Docks near the Tower of London, grab a bite and walk through the walls of London’s most popular tourist attraction.
5. Go back to the hotel, freshen up and visit one of the many musicals in the WestEnd or the English National Opera. It’s located just off Leicester scare and shows some of the world’s best operas, like The Marriage of Figaro, La bohème and more.
6. Getting hungry? No worries, you’re in the perfect location for some delicious food. There’s Soho, if you like it casual and Asian or you could head into one of the many restaurants along The Strand. The Savoy is just around the corner, if you really want to end your night on a culinary bang.
Whatever you do, make the most of your time in the capital. Be relaxed and don’t plan too much each day. You need a reason to come back after all!
What would you do on a child-free weekend in London? What are your favourite places to stay or eat out?
This is a promotional post with an image by Lies Thru a Lens/Flickr.