When you are on a tight budget, home renovation and updates can fill you with dread. It can leave you feeling frustrated and sometimes disliking the house that is supposed to be home. Many people think that it’s not possible to transform a home when they are on a budget, however, you may be surprised by how little, inexpensive changes can make a massive difference.
If you’re working with a tight budget but want some great ideas to make some changes to your home, have a look below at 3 rooms that you can easily update without spending a fortune:
The Bathroom Or Washroom
When you think about a renovation on a bathroom, you will probably instantly think that it’s going to cost you a small fortune, this is because your mind will take you straight to ripping it out and starting again. Your bathroom doesn’t always need to be replaced in order for you to improve it. You can update your bathroom or washroom without the high cost by making some of these changes:
- Deep Cleaning, including cleaning the grout and tiles.
- Regrouting worn away or discoloured grout
- Changing the lighting
- Add an electric radiator from Electric Radiators Direct
- Fixing leaky taps (often as easy as changing the washers)
- Add decals to the tiles
- Replace the toilet seat
- Use a decent limescale remover to give the showerhead and screen a once over.
- Change the fittings and fixtures
- Add a new featured mirror
- Add built-in under sink storage
Just like with your bathroom and washroom, most people think that any renovation work with their kitchen must mean they need to have a completely new kitchen, this just isn’t the case. You can easily update your kitchen and make it look newer without the need to replace the entire thing. Some of the great ways you can update your kitchen on a budget are:
- New worktops, it’s really simple and cost-effective
- Creating a new backsplash
- New kitchenware and cooking utensils
- Upgrading your appliances
- Updating the handles on drawers and cupboards
- Replace, cover or paint your cupboard doors
The Master Bedroom
You would think that this room would get a lot of attention, however, it’s very common for this room to be the last on the list. This is often because the main living spaces, areas that guests will see, and children’s bedrooms are usually put in front. You shouldn’t neglect the master bedroom, it should be somewhere where you can retreat and relax at the end of each day. YOu can make some simple and budget-friendly changes like:
- A new mattress or cleaning your mattress
- Adding in some green with house plants
- Update your bedding – You should have a few that you can rotate
- Deep clean or new carpets
- Add rugs to the side of your bed
- Add some luxury pillows
- Add in a few throws
These three rooms are all commonly seen as expensive to tackle, however, they can all be done on a budget if you use some of the ideas above.
Have you done any renovation work on a budget?
Please share some of your ideas in the comments below.
This is a collaborative post