As a mother, you’re going to want to decorate the nursery for your baby – even though they don’t use the room until 6+ months and beyond! It’s a good way to make the house feel finished and ready for the new life you’re bringing into the family, even if you only have the basic furniture in there. You want this room to be a beautiful place for you and your baby to feed, to chill out, to play and to nap while you are reading in the chair nearby. The nursery is something every pregnant woman gets excited about, but the one problem most people have is what they should put on the walls.
Drawing a blank with blank walls is common for someone looking to decorate a nursery and you may find you’re not alone in it! The good news is that there are a lot of things that you can do with the blank spaces on the walls of your nursery, and we’ve got some sweet suggestions for you below!
Fun ways to decorate the nursery
1. Frame the lullabies that are your favourites! You always have a lullaby that means something, and printing beautiful lullabies will give you something unique and creative to add to the blank space on the walls. You can choose some that are specific to the gender of your baby, or you can choose your favourite that stands out for you.
2. On the same string, you can also frame some of your favourite quotes! You can either print them out and stick them to the wall using a service like JR Decal, or you can print them on paper and frame them, too. Take the time to find the quotes that really resonate, like the baby nursery quotes you can find here.
3. If you have a wall in the nursery that is completely blank, take up the whole space with a colourful alphabet mural. You can help them learn the alphabet in the future and it looks so pretty to have a myriad of colours on the wall. If you have a theme for colour in mind, then print the letters in this theme of different shades.
4. Have you chosen a name for your baby yet? There are so many ways that you can personalise the nursery and having their name on the wall will make it look beautiful. Either paint it, decal it or even use natural materials put together to write their name on the walls. It’s interesting, and no other child will have the same meaning behind the name of your baby.
5. Books are an excellent addition to any nursery, so lining a wall with shelves of different styles and colours and filling them with books that you will read to your baby is a great way to decorate. Make sure that you have a comfortable settee or chair in the room, too, for the perfect reading area for your baby and you!
6. For something more personal and fun, you should add a map mural to the wall and add pins or stickers or even stamps at the locations you have visited before the baby came along. It’s a lovely way to honour your relationship before your child graces your life, and it’s nice for them to grow up with that touch!
Did you follow a theme when decorating your little one’s nursery?
This is a collaborative post